Why Leaders Must Earn The FAITH | Although many individuals consistently assume positions of leadership because they are either elected, selected, and/ or, ascend to them, unfortunately far – too few of them earn the FAITH of existing and/ or, potential stakeholders, and have what it takes to become a real leader!
After over four decades of personal involvement in nearly every aspect related to effectively leading from identifying and qualifying to train, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders as well as serving on several occasions as a leader.
I strongly believe and advocate for those wishing to lead to do all they can to consistently prove, and earn this from the individuals they should serve and represent!
With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly consider examine review and discuss using the mnemonic approach what this means and represents and why it matters.
Why Leaders Must Earn The FAITH Of Their Stakeholders?
1. Face facts; fate; feelings; future; furnish; fruition: Effectively, listen and learn, and take seriously, the feelings of those, you represent, and what should be the priorities!
It means, one must, face the facts, and strive to furnish, the best path, forward, into the future! To do so, means, creating the finest strategic and action plans, and bringing them to fruition, in the best interests, of the greater good!
Take seriously the responsibility of a true leader, which includes, contributing to the fate, and destiny, of the specific group!
2. Attitude; aptitude; articulate; attention; actions: Great leaders must proceed, with a positive, can-do, attitude, but, without wearing, rose-colored glasses!
One should develop a relevant aptitude and skillset, pay keen attention, to needs, priorities, and perceptions, and proceed, accordingly!
Without relying – on, empty promises, and rhetoric, one must articulate a compelling, inspiring, motivating message, for others, to care – about!
3. Integrity; ideals/ ideology; imparts; inspires; impacts: One’s integrity must be absolute, instead of, only, when it might be, personally, beneficial!
A leader’s ideas, must align, with the core ideology, of the specific organization, and the message, he imparts, must inspire, greater commitment, and involvement!
A real leader recognizes, what he does, and says, impacts others!
4. Truth/ trust; timely; time-tested; trends: If you wish to earn others’ trust, you must tell the truth! You can’t resort to procrastination, but, rather must be able to, proceed, with, well-considered, timely actions, while paying keen attention, to time-tested principles, which might have major significance!
Pay keen attention, and know, which current trends, might make your leadership, more effective, meaningful, and compelling!
5. Healing; head/ heart; honorable; history/ heritage: To properly, lead, a specific organization, one must fully understand, and appreciate, how the group’s history, and heritage, influence its identity, and reason, for – being!
Great leaders must be capable of aligning the finest components, of, both, their emotional and logical components, in a head/ heart balance! If someone isn’t, consistently, honorable, why should he be a leader?
If you want to be a leader, do, all you can, to, consistently, earn the FAITH of constituents! Do you believe, you are, up – to, the tasks and responsibilities?