Read Also: China Launches 6-Month Intensive Campaign
Joey Levin – Building an Anti-Conglomerate
My guest today is IAC’s CEO, Joey Levin. IAC is a unique business in that it’s a holding company that builds world-class digital businesses.
Since Barry Diller created IAC over two decades ago, it has produced 11 public companies, including Match Group, Expedia, and Live Nation.
Today, the business is comprised of category-leaders like Angi, Dotdash Meredith, and Care.com.
Joey joined IAC in 2003 and became CEO in 2015. We talk about why he tries to avoid centralization between businesses, what he's learned from Barry Diller, how he approaches capital allocation, and so much more.
This conversation serves as an excellent reminder that there’s no formula to company building. Everything is idiosyncratic and requires its own best decisions. Please enjoy this great discussion with Joey Levin.
For the full show notes, transcript, and links to mentioned content, check out the episode page here.
This episode is brought to you by Tegus. Tegus are the new digital hub for market intelligence. The Tegus platform empowers Investors and Corporate Development teams to invest smarter by pairing best-in-class technology with the highest quality user-generated content and data.
Find out why a majority of the top firms are using Tegus on a daily basis. Head to tegus.co/patrick for your free trial.
You Might Also Like:
- February Inflation Worse, Food, Gas Prices Hit 40-Year Highs
- Deutsche Bank Won’t Exit From Russia: ‘Not Practical’
- Russian Shops In the US Vandalized, Threatened With Bombs
- U.S. Employment Costs Surge
- UAW Strike to End Following Tentative Deal with General Motors
- Prices for Goods and Services Increase Beyond Expectations
- GDP Soars 4.7% Thanks to Rise in Consumer Spending
- New Home Sales in the U.S. Rise Amid Skyrocketing Interest Rates
- Reports: X/Twitter Shrinking Worsens Following Rebranding
- Reports: Amazon Testing Humanoid Robots for Warehouse Operations
- Elon Musk’s X/Twitter Announces Subscription Tiers