Former President Donald Trump plans to return to the social media arena but this time, he’ll be using his own social media platform. A top Trump adviser said on Fox News Sunday that the former president will be launching his own platform within the next few months.
Trump’s Own Social Media Will Change the Game
Trump administration senior adviser Jason Miller told Fox News that Trump is returning to the public network soon. Instead of depending on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, he will use his own platform within two or three months. In fact, Miller expects that Trump’s platform will attract tens of millions of new users and change the game in the process.
“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media. It’s going to completely redefine the game and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what President Trump does, but it will be his own platform,” Miller said.
Trump’s Twitter Problems
Earlier this year, Trump ran into trouble with some of the world’s most popular social apps. During the Capitol riots, Twitter and Facebook blocked the former President from posting on their sites in an attempt to de-escalate the tension. The apps accused Trump of furthering the violence by allegedly posting wrong or misleading information. Reportedly egged on by Trump, the mob marching to the Capitol shut down Congress and halted the certification of Joe Biden’s election. Afterward, other platforms such as YouTube and Snapchat locked Trump’s accounts as well and imposed a ban on him.
Prior to the riots, social media companies started feeling the pressure from users to censor or restrict the President from posting inaccurate or misleading information. Some experts believe that with Trump’s massive following, anything he says or does can exert others to follow him without verifying information. When the riot broke out, the platforms started deleting Trump’s posts and prevented him from posting more messages.
Sidestepped Official Channels
Beginning the election campaigns last year, Twitter began taking up an active interest in Trump again. Consequently, the social company started tagging Trump’s tweets with a warning label saying that his posts contain potential misinformation. Eventually, the warning label gave way to a total ban for the former President. This shut him down from reaching out to his followers. This effectively isolated Trump from his followers. One social media, Parler, also bore the brunt of the censoring. Both Apple and Google, owners of the top two phone operating systems that power 98% of the world’s phones, banned Parler from their app stores. Before the ban, Parler was a very popular social platform for conservatives and Trump followers.
Ban Stays in Place
Despite Trump leaving the White House for its new occupant, Twitter will continue with its ban on the former President. Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal said last month that Trump’s ban remains in place. In case he ran for office again, the ban will still remain. “Our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence, and if anybody does that we have to remove them from the service and our policies don’t allow people to come back,” Segal said.
Throughout his career, Trump often criticized social platforms for their bias against conservative users. In 2018, Meanwhile, Democrats and other Liberals, however, continue to enjoy Twitter, Facebook, and many other problems. As a result, Trump accused Twitter of only banning conservatives and censoring their content.
Watch the Reuter’s new video reporting that as early as January, former President Donald Trump already announced he will start his own social media platform:
Will you join the platform if Trump delivers on his promise to create a new social media platform? Why or why not? Let us know what you think about this. Leave your comments below.