Addressing These 6 Public Needs | It often seems certain public leaders/elected officials find it or believe it's beneficial to them to avoid taking – on any issues, etc. which might either be controversial or risk losing them votes and/or support of certain core supporters!
Isn't it bad for this nation when/if those we elect supposedly to serve and represent us our needs and the relevant sustainable best interests of our nation refuse to do so but, put their personal/political agenda and/or, self – interest ahead of the necessary priorities into the future in a relevant sustainable well-considered manner?
With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 public needs, where we must demand, there are no compromises, avoidance, denial, or attempt at populist politics!
RELATED: US to Extend Public Transport Mask Mandate Until January 18
We Can't Afford To Compromise, Addressing These 6 Public Needs
1. True justice: We must insist on true justice for all! Unfortunately, we often witness a system where certain individuals are consistently treated differently from others! When everything from police treatment to legal representation to the apparent attitude often of law enforcement and court agencies etc contributes to systemic racism how can we continue to believe we are the home of the free when rights freedoms and privileges are often applied selectively favoring those with more access to financial advantages, etc?
2. Climate Change: Since simply denying – it or procrastinating does not make potential ramifications of Climate Change – less damaging, etc, we must insist our public leaders create strategies and action plans which might minimize some of these effects! Nearly all scientists and experts realize this is a pressing need for the four years of the previous U.S. Presidential administration our President seemed to find addressing it either inconvenient or not supporting his personal/political agenda and/or self-interest! For the sake of the planet and a sustainable future, we must proceed with urgency in this area!
3. Environment: If, we wish, to ensure, a planet, where citizens, may, possibly, enjoy clean air, and water, etc, we must, consistently, protect the environment! Once, again, from 2017, through 2020, our nation's leadership, reversed decades, of national emphasis, in attempting, to protect these, for the health, and well – being, of all of us!
4. Rights/ freedoms: We can't afford selective enforcement of all our rights and freedoms/Constitutional guarantees but, rather must protect all of them! If we fail to do so sooner rather than later the United States will lose its identity and how we are viewed by the rest of the world!
5. Public health and safety: A key priority of our officials must be to be prepared and effectively protect and strengthen our measures towards public health and safety!
6. Health, and medical care, must be a right, not a privilege!: Shouldn't providing quality health care be a right instead of a privilege for the entitled and wealthiest? Why are we the only large nation in the world with this difference in the level of care based on affordability wealth and ability to pay?
We cannot afford to compromise and/or procrastinate in addressing these 6 key areas of concern! Will you demand better and more?