In a conversation fresh from the Freakonomics Radio Network’s podcast laboratory, Michèle Flournoy (one of the highest-ranking women in Defense Department history) speaks with Cecil Haney (one of the U.S. Navy’s first Black four-star admirals) about nuclear deterrence, smart leadership, and how to do inclusion right.
These Jobs Were Not Posted on ZipRecruiter (Ep. 473)
Hey there, it’s Stephen Dubner. Hope you’ve been having a great summer. Today I’d like to update you on what we’ve been doing this summer — and to give you a preview of the fall.
As you may know, Freakonomics Radio was our one and only podcast for a long time. But last year, right in the teeth of the pandemic, we decided to create the Freakonomics Radio Network.
Our first spinoff show was called No Stupid Questions, which I co-host with Angela Duckworth, a psychology professor at the University of Pennsylvania who’s incredibly dynamic and insightful. If you have not heard it yet, here’s what No Stupid Questions sound like.
Freakonomics Radio is produced by Stitcher and Renbud Radio. This episode was produced by Alexandra Salomon.
You Might Also Like:
- Democrats Want The Corporate Tax Rate Up From 21% To 26.5%
- Labor Unions Not Happy With Vaccine Mandate
- Sparkle Box Breaks the Boundaries of Learning with its Educational Kits
- U.S. Employment Costs Surge
- UAW Strike to End Following Tentative Deal with General Motors
- Prices for Goods and Services Increase Beyond Expectations
- GDP Soars 4.7% Thanks to Rise in Consumer Spending
- New Home Sales in the U.S. Rise Amid Skyrocketing Interest Rates
- Reports: X/Twitter Shrinking Worsens Following Rebranding
- Reports: Amazon Testing Humanoid Robots for Warehouse Operations
- Elon Musk’s X/Twitter Announces Subscription Tiers