When Does Frugal Go Too Far?
Do you buy second-hand clothes instead of new ones? How about waiting to buy that special something until there's an awesome deal? Dumpster dive? Argue with clerks for a discount?
There's a ton of frugal living tips out there but when does frugal cross the line and you're just being cheap? Today our roundtable team discusses the five times one blogger says that being frugal goes too far.
Plus, we're performing this episode LIVE on the new Fireside app, so you'll hear from several members of our live audience, too (we've also linked their information below)!
Joining us for this special episode we welcome half of the Frugal Friends podcast duo, Jen Smith. Plus, OG and Paula Pant (Afford Anything) pitch in to make this a wide-ranging, fun conversation with more than several takeaways.
We discuss the value of our time as it relates to purchases, the tendency to overconsume when we see a deal, and we'll all share some great stories about our own frugal living.
Of course, what would a Friday episode be like without our trivia challenge? Diania Merriam (EconoMe Conference) takes over the “Doug” duties today and dishes a great question for our contestants. Enjoy!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
You Might Also Like:
- Runaway Inflation Is Wiping Out Gains From Higher Wages
- Morgan Stanley Interns Prefer Flexible Work Over Office
- Top 5 Ideas to Save Money at Home
- U.S. Employment Costs Surge
- UAW Strike to End Following Tentative Deal with General Motors
- Prices for Goods and Services Increase Beyond Expectations
- GDP Soars 4.7% Thanks to Rise in Consumer Spending
- New Home Sales in the U.S. Rise Amid Skyrocketing Interest Rates
- Reports: X/Twitter Shrinking Worsens Following Rebranding
- Reports: Amazon Testing Humanoid Robots for Warehouse Operations
- Elon Musk’s X/Twitter Announces Subscription Tiers