The following information was released by the Competitive Enterprise Institute:
Biden Seeks To Spend Hundreds of Billions in Taxpayer Money on Cars Very Few Americans Want
President Joe Biden spoke today about electric vehicles in a speech at the Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan.
As part of his proposed “infrastructure” package, the President has proposed spending hundreds of billions of dollars on incentives to buy electric vehicles and charging stations across the country.
CEI senior fellow Ben Lieberman said:
“While there is nothing wrong with Ford motor increasing consumer choice by expanding its offering of electric vehicles, President Biden wants to spend hundreds of billions of tax dollars on cars very few Americans want.
In fact, he's actually making life harder for the 97 percent who prefer gasoline and diesel-powered cars and trucks. From restrictions on domestic oil production to the canceled Keystone XL pipeline, his administration has committed to energy and climate policies that can only spell bad news in the years ahead.
The recent Colonial Pipeline incident shows the importance of a robust domestic infrastructure for liquid fuels, but that is not what we will be getting from this President.”
You Might Also Like:
- Karl Marx Was Right on One Thing
- Bill Gates Looking for ‘Indirect Investment in Cryptocurrency’
- How to Recognize Quality Investment Opportunities
Article Source: NewsEdge
- U.S. Employment Costs Surge
- UAW Strike to End Following Tentative Deal with General Motors
- Prices for Goods and Services Increase Beyond Expectations
- GDP Soars 4.7% Thanks to Rise in Consumer Spending
- New Home Sales in the U.S. Rise Amid Skyrocketing Interest Rates
- Reports: X/Twitter Shrinking Worsens Following Rebranding
- Reports: Amazon Testing Humanoid Robots for Warehouse Operations
- Elon Musk’s X/Twitter Announces Subscription Tiers