World-Class Health in 100 Words
Modern medicine might define health as the absence of disease, but that's not a good enough definition for us. So we're offering our own, in a format that many CrossFitters will recognize. (See full episode description for text.)
100 Words of Health
Create an environment in which it's easy to eat well, move often, sleep lots, think deeply, & create real connections. Be intentional; don't just hope it happens. Chase what sets your heart on fire.
Seek out challenges, feedback, and opportunities to serve something bigger than yourself. Respect your breath. Control your attention. Spend time outside. Recognize that health is the result of choices & luck.
Focus on what you can control. Avoid defining it by a single number. Avoid fads & gurus. Avoid complaining & people who do. Optimize everything for consistency & sustainability. Treat yourself like someone who matters.
About the Show
Chasing Excellence is dedicated to dissecting what it means to live a life of excellence, inside the gym and out. New episodes every Tuesday.
Patrick Cummings is a long-time CrossFitter, podcaster, and brand coach. You can find out more about what he's working on here.
You Might Also Like:
- Space Race Heats Up As Virgin Galactic To Launch July 11
- 130 Nations Back US Bid For 15% Global Minimum Tax For Firms
- Managing Your Stocks: 5 Considerations
- U.S. Employment Costs Surge
- UAW Strike to End Following Tentative Deal with General Motors
- Prices for Goods and Services Increase Beyond Expectations
- GDP Soars 4.7% Thanks to Rise in Consumer Spending
- New Home Sales in the U.S. Rise Amid Skyrocketing Interest Rates
- Reports: X/Twitter Shrinking Worsens Following Rebranding
- Reports: Amazon Testing Humanoid Robots for Warehouse Operations
- Elon Musk’s X/Twitter Announces Subscription Tiers